Senior Buyer - Industrial manufacturing
Senior Buyer to manage the UK procurement of raw materials
A world leading supplier of personal protective solutions, specialising in the design and manufacture of high-performance chemicals.
- Proper utilisation of the Company's overall buying power in obtaining the best value to the correct specification in support of the Group's objectives.
- Providing day to day management of suppliers and purchasing requirements.
- Negotiation of agreements with suppliers and taking responsibility for agreements where necessary.
- Ensuring that suppliers deliver in accordance with Service Level Agreements including agreed time, cost and quality measures and report back to management on these metrics.
- Ensuring that accurate records are maintained and followed for audit trace ability.
- Willingness to travel and meet with Supply Chain
- Maintain up-to-date supplier lists and pricing arrangements to ensure the best commercial terms
- Calculate future purchasing needs based on recent sales usage (including the right mix of products to receive volume and margin)
- Develop, maintain, evaluate and expand reliable sources of supply to ensure adequate supplier production capacity, and to ensure that all risks associated with the procurement function are identified
- Part number changes, price changes and new product launches
- Educated to at least a Bachelor's degree or equivalent/ MCIPs is an advantage or Diploma/Certificate in Procurement/Supply Chain Management
- Proven purchasing experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Background in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrate skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
£45,000 plus package