Principal Procurement Manager
Our high profile Public Sector client is looking for a forward-thinking and innovative IT Procurement professional to lead on the IT and technical services category within the organisation.The role will be responsible for strategic sourcing, with a particular focus on more complex and high spend projects, tendering, negotiation and contract implementation across the full spend portfolio in addition to building strong relationships.
You will work closely with the Commercial Director and have experience of delivering robust strategies, implementing best practice, and ensuring the organisation benefits from value for money, without compromising service levels across all spend for IT goods and services. This role would suit a senior procurement/category manager who has had experience in both the Public and Private Sector and is used to working in a fast-paced and delivery-focused environment with a consultative style.
The successful candidate will be / have:
- Energetic, driven and forward thinking
- Previous experience of IT procurement
- Ability to act as an advisor within a small but commercial organisation
- MCIPS qualified
- Strong negotiator and ability to engage and advise senior stakeholders
- Contracts management and effective Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Proven commercial acumen
- Demostrable track record of implementing procurement strategies and innovative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Existing knowledge of managing IT & technology spend - cross category within a Public Sector environment
- Demonstrable recent experience of Public Contract Regulations and OJEU procedures
- Working knowledge of SAP would be highly desiarable