Our 3PL client is looking for a Transport Manager for one of their operations on the South Coast.
Our client is a leading 3PL provider.
The Transport Manager will lead and manage the transport team via the transport supervisors to ensure that all department procedures are maintained and hands on support given where necessary. You will be required to deliver an efficient and cost effective transport solution based at our clients site in Portsmouth and will be responsible for the following
- Proactively monitor and control costs against budget.
- To manage the optimum utilisation of the Company vehicles and trailers.
- To liaise with other sites to ensure cost effective solutions are being discussed, developed and implemented.
- Coach and develop Transport Supervisors in people management activities.
- Ensure all legal and statutory requirements are strictly complied with.
- Maintain department discipline including dress code, time keeping, conduct and performance using the Company disciplinary policy and procedures with the support of HR and escalating issues when necessary.
- Oversee the effective application of the Company absence policy and procedures.
- Identify the training and development needs for Transport Supervisors and organise/oversee solutions using own knowledge and company training tools.
- Ensure all practices and procedures are carried out in line with the Health & Safety policy.
- Check agency invoices and subcontractor self bills, ensuring legal compliance and efficient utilisation of both.
- Control of drivers hours, ensuring optimum utilisation within the restrictions of tachograph law/drivers hours restrictions.
- Management of annual driver assessments, driver training and driver recruitment.
- Control of Operations staff rotas to ensure optimum resource allocation.
- Attending and contributing at on and offsite customer meetings and visits.
- To liaise closely with the warehouse, site, & compliance manager to ensure understanding of each others issues, joint resolution of problems and achieve efficiencies between the departments.
- Facilitate meetings with drivers representatives to discuss either parties proposals.
The successful Transport Manager will live within a commuting distance of Portsmouth and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Have previously led and developed successful transport teams.
- Proven experience of vehicle planning/operating experience within the FMCG distribution environment.
- Operated within a pressurised environment and worked to challenging deadlines.
- Have overseen a sizeable transport operation and held budget responsibility.
- A CPC qualification and O licence knowledge is essential.
A competitive basic salary and package is on offer to the successful candidate.