A new opportunity has arisen in Doncaster for a Purchasing Manager to join a leading organisation. This is a newly created position to improve the strategic vision across the purchasing function and will allow the successful candidate a chance to make the role their own.
Our client, based in Doncaster, is one of the leading suppliers of products into their industry sector. With multiple locations across the UK the successful candidate can expect the opportunity to progress their career, enhance already existing functions and become an essential member of the leadership team.
The key responsibilities of this position of Purchasing Manager will be to:
- Coach and mentor a team of buyers.
Work closely with bid and delivery teams to ensure earliest possible involvement within projects.
- Liaise with project teams and business streams to achieve an early understanding of project requirements and develop procurement strategies to support bids to customers and their subsequent delivery, mitigating risk to the business.
- Develop and agree specific sourcing strategies with project teams.
- Undertake RFI's, RFQs, evaluation of supplier responses, negotiations with suppliers and order placement.
- Compile supplier performance management information to allow you to effectively manage supplier performance to meet contractual and customer requirements including claims and dispute resolution.
- Manage procurement relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Benchmark supplier pricing to ensure value for money can be demonstrated.
- Report to senior management on supplier performance as required.
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Purchasing Manager will have:
- Substantial project procurement management experience within a construction, transportation or related environment.
- Experience of tendering, awarding and managing the commercial performance of projects with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- The ability to demonstrate a proven track record within strategic sourcing, managing supplier relationships, negotiation, process compliance, leading complex sourcing activities and supplier integration into project teams.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
- The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
£50000 - £55000