PUBLIC SECTOR PROCUREMENT EXPERIENCE STRONGLY DESIRED
To be responsible to the Procurement Manager for the purchasing of all works, goods and services for the Company, complying with European Legislation, Standing Orders and the Tender and contract procedure rules
Duties and responsibilities
- To abide by and ensure that all procurement complies with European legislation, Company Standing Orders and the Tender and Contract Procedure Rules.
- To liaise with in-house clients, suppliers and contractors to ensure the products and services supplied meet the requirements of the operational sections and are available when required.
- To compile and update tender documentation in line with the client requirements, European legislation, Standing Orders and the Tender and Contract Procedure Rules
- To source suppliers, sub-contractors, agency and works contractors on behalf of the Company through competitive tendering, local or European, and to issue tender documents and quotations in accordance with EU tendering procedures and the Tender and Contract Procedure Rules.
- To undertake price and quality evaluations on all tenders returned in line with relevant legislation and best practice, including organising product inspections and site visits for members of the evaluation team
- To compile draft summary reports on outcomes with recommendations for the award of contracts in conjunction with the Procurement Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS), qualification Certificate
- To progress to So1, NVQ Supply Chain Management Level 4 will be achieved
- Experience of production of tenders to a high standard through Europe, national and locally
- Experience of product portfolios, contracts and tender documentation, with associated financial calculations
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 Quality Standards
A candidate not possessing the qualifications listed above but with a substantial and clearly established track record of success may also be considered. However a successful candidate would be expected to achieve a level of personal development within an agreed timescale commensurate with this role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.