General manager for a leading 3rd Party logistics provider.
My client is a renowned 3rd party Logistics Provider who have experienced a large amount of growth over the last few years. The business has solid foundations and delivers exceptional customer service. Employees are at the forefront of this organisations success and ambitions so hiring and developing the best talent is essential to them.
The role of the General manager is integral to the success of Distribution centre and the whole network.
The General manager will have full responsibility for the operational and commercial service delivery for the distribution centre.
The general manager will have responsibility for Warehousing, Transport management (in house and sub contracted transport), finance, continuous improvement and customer development.
In addition the distribution centre General manager will have:
- Full P&L accountability
- Responsibility for the engagement and development for up to 300 members of staff
- Project management and continuous improvement Development of the management population.
- Customer management / relationship development
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- Management of large scale distribution centres delivering products to retail and wholesale customers
- A CPC is preferable however transport experience is essential.
- Management and creation of profit and loss accounts
- Contract negotiation / re negotiations
- An enthusiastic approach exceptional customer service
- Proven track record of operating at a senior level within a complex, medium to large company
- Evidence of driving change management
- Experience in managing budgets and costs
- Experience and of continuous improvement methodologies would be advantageous
- Education to a degree level is preferable although not essential
- Industry related qualifications are preferred
Basic salary is the region of £70,000 + Car + bonus + additional benefits