A large organisation based in Southampton are seeking a Operational Buyer to join them on a temp basis.
Your new company
A large Public Sector organisation based in Southampton are seeking a Operational Buyer to join them on a temporary basis for 3-6 months
Your new role
The operational buyer role is an essential role in the purchase to pay process.
- Provide specialist day to day procurement knowledge
- Processing all orders assigned
- Maintenance of the Supply Chain Catalogues & Queries
- Provide user assistance to end users for the off contract stationary spend referring back to catalogues
- Setting up small to medium contracts
- Increasing catalogue spend
- Reducing non-pay spend
- Reducing the numbers of low value invoices
- Improving Management Information
What you'll need to succeed
If you are looking to gain further experience in the Procurement world, this is the ideal role for you.
- Previous procurement / purchasing experience
- CIPS / Studying towards
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to gain further knowledge and work as part of a large public sector organisation within a growing procurement team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.