Our client, a leading national 3PL provider, are looking for an experienced Depot Manager to join their busy operation in Suffolk. The Depot Manager will be responsible for leading a team of operations staff and running in excess of 100 vehicles in a 24/7 operation.
Our client are a leading national 3PL provider based in Suffolk.
The Depot Manager will assist the General Manager with the overall performance of the depot, delivering performance to budget, legal compliance, management of equipment and resource, to include staff, drivers, charter companies and subcontractors. You will also be expected to build and maintain excellent commercial relationships with all the Depot's key customer contacts.
- Weekly reporting accountability for the P&L of the operation
- Daily operational control of the depot's planning teams
- Daily management of customer service expected levels, together with the measurement and management of service KPI's and customer meetings to agree period performance, to include development & improvement initiatives
- Manage, coach and develop the team.
- Rating - sub contractor and own vehicles
- Proven experience in the transport industry
- Proven track record in running 24/7 large container haulage operation
- Experience of routing a large fleet of 60 plus vehicles or more to deliver improving profitability
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business, ability to motivate and inspire
- You must be able to demonstrate relevant management experience in a high volume transport operation
- CPC International, understanding of legal compliance/O Licence requirements
- Ability to deliver targets coupled with commercial and business awareness
- Must have the enthusiasm, stamina and commitment in order to meet the considerable challenge of operating in this highly customer focused environment
- Proven track record in people management
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to analyse financial information, identify trends and cost saving solutions.
- Knowledge in use of PowerPoint and comfortable presenting complex ideas to senior managers within the business and with customers.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to manage a key depot for an established national 3PL provider. If you are an experienced Depot Manager looking a challenging new opportunity, please get in touch.