Master Production Scheduler
My client, a market leader is looking to bring in a Master Production Scheduler/Senior Planner due to continued growth and the award of a major contract. In this role you will report in to the Logistics Manager.
A leading manufacturer who supply in to the Automotive, Rail and Marine Industries.
- Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products. Utilise the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities. Analyse and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times. Schedules emailed to the plants monthly
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months
- Make delivery commitments on MTO products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity
- Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels in ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis. Achieve desired corporate inventory turn targets
- Insure coordination with plant schedulers to execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production
performance to the requested production schedule
- 2-3 Years background in Production Planning within a Manufacturing environment
- Customer facing would be preferable but not essential
- Automotive background advantageous but not essential
Starting salary is £28,000 and can be stretched to £30,000 for the right candidate.