Interim Category Manager
You will be given responsibility to lead the construction & FM category. Providing strategic guidance and implementing plans to create savings.
Our client is a public sector organisation that do plenty of collaborative work and have a number of projects for you to get your teeth stuck straight into.
- To be the lead expert specialist and be accountable across the full range of commercial category management activities of an individual portfolio
- Provide strategic business partnering, including advice and support across the service, working agile and flexible across both areas and having lead responsibility for a range of contractual arrangements in relation to the specified category.
- Research, analyse, develop and review a category plan in order to get the most from the supply market and prepare reports for senior management and members
- Provide advice on complex EU and national law relating to procurement and contracts and Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations in respect of contract procedures.
- To provide a key strategic role in the development, planning, implementation and delivery of continuous development of the joint Procurement Strategy, assisting in the review, maintenance and development of the governance framework for procurement
- To project manage category teams comprising of representatives from all the Directorates
- Lead on the development and maintenance of the procurement unit's internal and regional IT systems, such as Yortender
- Key stakeholder engagement
- Strategically appraise and develop cost reduction plans to drive efficiency's
- Hands on end-to-end OJEU experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Construction & FM Category Experience
INSIDE IR35; £200 - 300 p/day