Interim Procurement Advisor
We have a Public Sector client based in London looking for an Interim Procurement Advisor on a role that will run until the 20th April 2018. This role is OUTSIDE of IR35 with a maximum rate of £300 on offer.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Procurement related support is required to assist in the delivery of specific work streams of the HSCN programme.
- The post holder will be part of a wider commercial team working on the programme with overall leadership of the commercial activity for this programme coming from the Lead Commercial Managers.
- The post holder will be allocated specific areas of responsibility in relation to delivery of the programme and will contribute to the effective delivery of the programme as a whole driving procurement best practice and ensuring value for money delivery for the programme, NHS Digital and consumer organisations.
- The role will involve close liaison with HSCN consumer organisations to advise and assist them with their procurement activities as they migrate from the N3 network to the HSCN solution.
- In addition, there may be a requirement to support central HSCN procurements Responsible for specific procurement related requirements/work streams across the programme.
- Role holders will support the procurement lead for a number of high value, highly complex or contentious requirements drawing on resource and expertise across the wider procurement function as required.
- Post holders will provide ad hoc commercial advice and manage the workload within the assignment across themselves drawing on expertise and support from the wider commercial function as required.
- Post holder will be expected to support the overall procurement and commercial strategy for the programme and support the creation of business cases and associated documentation.
- They will also take a hands on role in the delivery of subsequent procurement activity ensuring compliance with all internal and external governance and legal requirements.
- A high level of proactivity and an ability to work on own initiative is required to help drive forward the procurement and commercial related activity.
- The post holder will have some experience of dealing with complex strategic, high value and highly confidential activity.
- The role requires leadership, stakeholder management, influencing and negotiation skills along with communication skills, including communicating highly complex / contentious issues to all levels, including senior management.
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification
- Awareness of public sector procurement rules
- Significant knowledge and use of a range of contracting models
- Significant business, commercial and financial acumen
- Good technical awareness of IT products and services
- Strong management skills with the ability to delegate and lead
- Ability to drive supplier performance, analysis, evaluation and selection
- Proven track record as a procurement professional, including IT procurement roles.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to develop complex procurement strategies
- Strong communication skills – effective at building and managing relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to challenge assertively without appearing defensive or aggressive
- Leadership at strategic procurement level, preferably in an IT procurement team.
- Experience of designing procurement strategies, awarding contracts, managing senior supplier and stakeholder relationships, managing the contracts and resolving complex issues.
- Experienced negotiator who is proficient at developing and drawing upon fact based negotiation plans and operating at a senior level.