Interim Senior Category Manager - Environment
To act as Category Lead for the Construction and Environment related procurement activities
- Judge the criteria of any commissioning and procurement decisions against corporate objectives and priorities.
- Approve procurement strategies
- Evaluate decisions to deviate from standard procedures by approving Waivers in the absence of the Chief Officer for Strategic Commissioning& Procurement
- Define and implement policies and procedures relating to the efficient provision of the Commissioning and Procurement service.
- Identify and manage commissioning and procurement risks in relation to business and Health & Safety measures
- Identify and manage commissioning and procurement risks in relation to disaster recovery and business continuity
- Definition of work programmes and delegation of tasks to staff within the commissioning and procurement team.
- Recruitment, selection and retention of staff to ensure continuity of services
- Moderate all high value tender decisions in order to deliver value for money solutions which are in line with the Council's financial directives.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be able to influence and hold your ground autonomously running the category according to procurement governance.