Buyer 6 Fixed Term Contract
Your new company
I'm working with a well known housing sector company near Reading who are currently going through a period of change.
Your new role
The focus of this role will be to act as a Buyer supporting the Procurement team with
various projects aligned to multiple areas of the business. You will ensure that
Procurement support is aligned to the structure, objectives and culture of the
business, thus becoming an enabler to its plans, objectives and deliverables.
You are required to engage with key stakeholders and assist with identifying and
clarifying requirements and lead/support on a number of sourcing projects where
Procurement can add measurable value and improve organisational effectiveness
Daily duties will include:
1. Ensuring that business requirements are met and that best value is delivered
through procurement best practice processes.
2. Working collaboratively with the business to fully understand their objectives,
performance issues, challenges and opportunities for multiple procurement
categories and sourcing activities progressing to an agreed timeframe.
3. Supporting a 'category management' approach and managing ongoing category
expenditure for key categories.
4. Assisting in analysing suitable routes to market.
5. Supporting activity associated with Procurement's e-sourcing platform
6. Supporting activity associated with Procurement's supplier relationship
7. Providing general support as required to the Procurement Processes and
Systems Manager undertake regular supplier optimisation and KPI activity
8. Supporting key internal stakeholders to ensure the collaborative delivery of
business benefits from progressive procurement to supplier performance
9. Contract Management
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you must have previous procurement experience being able to confidently source and negotiations, be able to manage the internal and external stake holders, have previous background of looking at mitigating risk in contracts, and have a vision to want to look for collaborative ways of working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.