Interim eCom Warehouse Manager
My client, an industry leader for General Merchandise to retail is developing it's Online footprint so has engaged us to find an Interim eCom Warehouse Manager to focus on developing the operational processes within the Warehouse to match the growing demands of the business - the role is for an immediate start so all applicants must be immediately available.
The client is a UK leader for General merchandise to retail with outlets Nationwide and a large online footprint. Last year turnover was over £800 million and with the ever-developing world of eCom and the options available to consumers to utilise digital purchasing it is an exciting time to be involved in the development of the eCom operational processes.
Due to an expected increase in volume the role is alot more than just stepping into the warehouse and running it, it provides an exciting opportunity for someone to come in and make their mark on the business by leading from the front with process changes to help drive the business forward. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Organise and manage a team of between 40-150 people depending on peak - inclusive of 4-6 direct reports.
- Help drive a 24/6 operation into a 24/7 one.
- Implement process changes to handle the increase in volume through the site.
- Act as an advisory for the wider business and operational footprint.
- Analyse the current operation to propose changes with the aim of improving performance and reducing costs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the running of a Warehouse where people and process management is key to the success of the operation. With the predicted growth of digital and online exposure it is essential that applicants have previously demonstrated change management in high volume environments. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the running of an eCom Warehouse or eCom Operation would be ideal but not essential.
- Have experience in analysis of a warehouse operation with the aim of planning, proposing and implementing new processes.
- Have the ability to handle a high-volume environment that is very reactive in nature.
- Be able to demonstrate a creative mind-set - the role requires someone to look at what is currently in place and aim to change and improve the operation as soon as possible.
The client is offering £200-£250 per day for an Interim eCom Warehouse Manager for a period of 3-6 months with an immediate start.