As a category manager, you must be a clear and confident communicator with proven experience in a fast paced and highly commercial private sector procurement function.
CIPS qualified level 4 with a minimum three years category experience with in either IT, Professional Service or Generalist category management.
Organisation typically has over 100 million pounds worth of spend per year across various category spend.
Key skills required for the role:
- Energetic, driven and forward-thinking individual, with a passion for procurement & category management
- Ability to act as an advisor in a Private Sector commercial organisation
- Strong negotiator and ability to engage and advise senior stakeholders
- Contracts management and effective Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Wide range of indirect category or category management experience, market knowledge and be able to be proactive at identifying and making cost saving opportunities happen
- Proven commercial acumen
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven track record of implementing procurement strategies and innovative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with drive and ambition
- Existing knowledge of managing indirect spend - cross category within a Private Sector environment
- The role would suit an CIPS Level 4/5 in early career with 3-5 years' procurement or category experience who wants further funding to support their study to MCIPS route.
- At least 3 years' procurement/category experience.
- CIPs level 4/5 minimum.
- Private sector back-ground.
- Proven track record of savings within category management
- Commercially aware, with experience with working with challenging stakeholders.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly