My client a leading wholesaler to the retail sector is looking for a operations manager to a distribution function in Stoke on Trent. The role will be
A £30m turnover organisation who is a has a leading market share within their product sector who's clients are the major retailers within the UK
The Operations Manager is responsible for accurate, efficient cost effective delivery of all products from order release to delivery to customer on time in full. The objectives will be met through focused management of the operations team, systems and cross functional departments. This position reports directly to the Head of Supply Chain & Operations. This position demands that incumbent person be able to operate cross functionally with the commercial team, Supply Chain Manager, Customer Services Manager & Head of Marketing to improve service level agreements.
- Deliver the Operational budget within agreed targets.
- Manage the Health & Safety of the site within legal guidelines, liaising constantly with the site Health & Safety Team Leader.
- Deliver OTIF events calendar
- Manage the forward planning of all work within Operations, liaising with the Team Leaders on a daily basis.
- Building strong relationships between all direct and indirect functional departments.
- Ensure that all sales orders are processed as to the needs of the internal & external client.
- Manage effectively all relevant suppliers ensuring that the most cost effective and timely service is provided.
- Manage the stock holding in the most productive and accurate manner.
- Prepare and submit effective reports, budgets & forecasts to board level.
- Constantly review the operational processes with a view to "faster, cheaper & better" principles.
- Ensure that stock flows in and out of the warehouse in an efficient, effective and productive manner.
A successful candidate will be engaging and have a proven track record in successful communication while working in a commercial environment.
- Ability to identify improvements and drive "Change Management"
- An effective planner and organiser with a key focus on business and self prioritisation.
- Driving for results / Making things happen on a continuous consistent basis.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to effectively articulate decisions and plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate message to all levels of management within both internal and external customer management organisations.
- Results oriented and self-directed individual with the ability to work independently or as a team while keeping direct reports abreast of project status.
- Possess a good tactical business sense and be in tune with the needs of the internal & external customers and the overall organisation.
To be able to effectively motivate, coach and develop a team of first line Mangers to ensure delivery of key goals and targets
A successful company which has nearly doubled in size over the last 3 years is looking to offer the successful candidate the position of Operations Manager within the distribution function on a salary of £38,000