Senior Procurement Manager | Chertsey
This prestigious organisation is well known for its best in class status and consistently wins numerous awards in recognition of it’s over achievements. As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for the development and management of Estates & Capital spend in both a strategic and operational nature.
The team is looking to expand into a category aligned function and opportunities for quick wins are endless! You’ll need to on-board and educate stakeholders quickly as you continue to push the profile of Procurement throughout the organisation.
You will be the Procurement lead for the Estates Category, developing and managing supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including both EU and non EU tenders. A key element of the role will be the implementation and continuous improvement of the organisation’s new category management approach. You will have previous experience of working within or alongside Estates/FM in a procurement role and a technical understanding that enables you to consult with technical experts and work with strategic suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and continuous improvement of the organisation’s new category management approach and supporting the Head of Procurement with key procurement needs
- Identifying key Estate & Capital category management priorities in respect of savings and continuous improvement
- Ensuring procurement complies with financial regulations and the Public Contracts Regulations
- Briefing and supporting the Head of Procurement on any project risks or key issues arising from category management implementation and tender exercises
- Delivering value for money and savings targets, and proactively forward planning for implementation and achievement of targets
- Ability to independently scope, administer and conclude OJEU and framework competitions from end to end
Skills and Achievements:
- Experience managing a similar Category area on an end to end basis
- Familiar with NEC/JCT Contracts in a regulated environment
- Experience in an OJEU regulated environment
- Preferably MCIPS or equivalently educated
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills