Transport Manager Cement & Aggregate
Transport Manager Cement & Aggregate - Leading UK Distributor - Bristol based position
- Leading UK Distributor Cement & Aggregate
- Single Site Role - Monday / Friday Position
A leading UK distributor are actively looking at add an experienced Transport Manager Cement & Aggregate to their operation. The company are a leading UK figure, adopt a forward thinking mentality and offer fantastic opportunities to progress within their organisation.
The role of the Transport Manager Cement & Aggregate will be to:
- Report to the General Manager a site in Bristol with70- 120 drivers total
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of all the transport function
- Oversee the Management of planning, organising and supervising the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the South West.
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- To ensure that the sites pass the transport audits at 95% each occasion.
- To ensure that the sites pass the H&S audit at 90% on each occasion.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators
- Be commutable to Bristol and the Surrounding region
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Be CPC National and / or International qualified (essential)
- 5+ Years Transport management experience ( Transport Manager)
- Experienced in managing across multiple sites
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers hours and WTD's
- Experienced within multi-drop environments and operations
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal
- Have managed Financial budgets and annual P&L responsibility of c£3m
The role offers;
Salary - £35,000 - £38,000 + Benefits and excellent progression opportunities