The primary function of the commodity buyer role is to determine the sourcing strategies and identify opportunities to gain leverage in the market place for the assigned commodities.
World leading manufacturing organisation based in Northamptonshire looking to recruit a commodity buyer.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating pricing and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare bid awards and obtain approvals per the delegation of authority.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Maintain systems with data updates, ensuring accuracy of key supplier information.
- Support the operations team in ensuring that Suppliers meet obligations in term of responsibilities, performance and priorities to ensure un-disturbed production.
- 5 years Purchasing Experience.
- Professional membership of CIPS preferred.
- Analytical Thinker with excellent negotiation preparation and execution skills - this should be illustrated with a proven track record.
£30,000 - £35,000 + benefits