Purchasing & Supply Manager
Exciting Opportunity for those that are passionate about heaving Industrial / Manufacturing and Engineering in Oil and Gas.
A chance to implement new strategy and ideas into a thriving purchasing function as the Purchasing & Supply Manager
A market leader in Nottingham in its Oil and Gas sector, my client is on a level of their own in terms of; their capability, expertise, techniques and equipment at hand. They specialise in exploration, extraction, investigation, construction and energy markets.
They have a single site in Nottingham whereby they cover their entire market and manufacture what other competitors can simply not compete with.
The responsibility of the Purchasing & Supply Manager
- Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management
- Liaise and support the Sales team
- Negotiate final price of supplier's quotes
- Ensuring suppliers meet ISO standards
- Helping to source alternative components for customers
- Regularly contacting suppliers to renegotiate prices
To be successful in the application of Purchasing & Supply Manager the candidate should:
- Live or be willing to work in Nottingham
- Experience as a Buyer or Purchasing Manager
- Knowledge working in an engineering environment possibly Oil and Gas
- Passion for heavy industrial manufacturing
- Purchasing experience of components
- Knowledge of the lighting sector as well as dealing with CNC, metal working, die casting or aluminium extrusions suppliers would be advantageous
- Knowledge in MS Office, Word, Excel, and Purchasing/MRP/ERP related business systems.
- Working closing with various departments ensuring excellent supplier management and contract negotiation and responsible for £m annual spend
- CIPS Part or Fully Qualified would be desirable.
Great platform to demonstrate skill-set
Exposure to Directors and other top-tier management
Chance to use passion for purchasing in an engineering background.
Work for a market-leader