NEC Procurement Manager
Strategic Procurement Manager - NEC required
Your new company
Your next company aim is to lead the commercial development of fusion power and related technologies. Currently my client is one of the worlds leading research laboratories with its scientists and engineers working with global partners to develop fusion as a new source of energy.
Your new role
The expanding procurement team have an opportunity for a procurement professional to provide strategic support to the Senior Procurement Manager and Department Heads within the Business Units. This will be looking after the more strategic side of the procurement function.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Direct responsibility for the Procurement aspects/strategy for two major projects which align to the strategic goals.
- Ensuring that the business is compliant with European Commission and UK directives for procurement in the public sector
- Always focusing no hitting company goals and milestones through the year.
- Commercial and customer focused
This role will require a "hands on" individual who has previous experience looking at complex contracts, good project management skills, and a good technical approach to your work.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful below you will need to have relevant experience and be able to clearly demonstrate the below:
- Be a good team player with ability to work effectively as part of the Group Procurement Team
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at senior levels
- Excellent negotiation skills with detailed knowledge of NEC form of Contract
- Commercially astute and customer focused
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
- Experience of Public Sector Procurement and use of OJEU.
- MCIPS qualified (part qualified considered)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.