A rare opportunity to join the leading global supplier of premium interior window treatment systems.
- Manage the Purchasing team, supporting day to day decisions and ensuring the department operates efficiently.
- Ensure that Silent Gliss have the right suppliers for parts, products and services in terms of best value, quality and delivery.
- Monitor and report on costs, evaluate price trends and levels of demand and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and new and existing suppliers.
- Support Silent Gliss HQ with product development and Group purchasing.
- Produce detailed reports and statistics for the Senior Management Team.
- Undertake strategic planning (min/max stock), report and monitor stock values and make the necessary adjustments to re-order levels.
- Maintain order processing system structures and costs.
- Proven track record in purchasing and stock control.
- Good commercial awareness and ideally experience of working within the manufacturing sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong analytical skills.
- An excellent standard of numeracy with the ability to analyse and communicate facts and figures.
- Stakeholder management skills will be essential, as will the ability to influence people from across the business and externally.
- Previous management/supervisory experience an advantage as you will be responsible for managing 2 procurement officers.
- The ability to project manage, make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Able to absorb, understand and confidently communicate technical information.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel (advanced level), Powerpoint and ideally AS400.
- CIPS qualification preferable but not essential.
- Full driving license essential as there will be a need to visit suppliers.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary: Competitive (dependant on experience).
- 21 days pro rata holiday rising to a capped maximum 30 days holiday.
- Car allowance.
- Contributory pension scheme and private healthcare
If you are keen to pursue a career with an established international company with a clear mission statement, and you believe you are ready for the challenge then we would be keen to meet you.