A rare opportunity to join the leading global supplier of premium interior window treatment systems.
- Manage the Purchasing team, supporting day to day decisions and ensuring the department operates efficiently.
- Ensure that Silent Gliss have the right suppliers for parts, products and services in terms of best value, quality and delivery.
- Monitor and report on costs, evaluate price trends and levels of demand and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and new and existing suppliers.
- Support Silent Gliss HQ with product development and Group purchasing.
- Produce detailed reports and statistics for the Senior Management Team.
- Undertake strategic planning (min/max stock), report and monitor stock values and make the necessary adjustments to re-order levels.
- Maintain order processing system structures and costs.
- Proven track record in purchasing and stock control.
- Good commercial awareness and ideally experience of working within the manufacturing sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong analytical skills.
- An excellent standard of numeracy with the ability to analyse and communicate facts and figures.
- Stakeholder management skills will be essential, as will the ability to influence people from across the business and externally.
- Previous management/supervisory experience an advantage as you will be responsible for managing 2 procurement officers.
- The ability to project manage, make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Able to absorb, understand and confidently communicate technical information.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel (advanced level), Powerpoint and ideally AS400.
- CIPS qualification preferable but not essential.
- Full driving license essential as there will be a need to visit suppliers.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary: Competitive (dependant on experience).
- 21 days pro rata holiday rising to a capped maximum 30 days holiday.
- Car allowance.
- Contributory pension scheme and private healthcare
If you are keen to pursue a career with an established international company with a clear mission statement, and you believe you are ready for the challenge then we would be keen to meet you.
Apply for Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly