Interim General Manager
Interim General Manager required for a period of 3-6 months for a 3PL business based in the Northamptonshire area, to support them during their peak period.
3PL business based in the Northamptonshire area
- Responsible for managing the day to day activities of a combined multi user FMCG chilled warehouse and transport operation
- Ensure the smooth running of the depot operations including financial management, performance management and health, safety & welfare
- Provide strong visible leadership in order to ultimately manage all staff through performance, management and training
- Ensure cases handled, labour turnover, customer service levels, transport utilisation and profitability are measured through continuous improvement in KPIs
- Performance review internally of depot, along with customer's expectations against targets achieved. Constantly review, communicate and improve performance, both business and customer
- Responsible for profit and loss and budget setting for the depot, and aspects of Health & Safety compliance
The successful Interim General Manager must be/have:
- Must have at least 5 years within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- Must have leadership experience within a multi user, large scale site operation
- Be able to commute to a single site location in Northamptonshire
- Have experience within a FMCG chilled environment
- An effective communicator at all levels, having exposure in a heavily client facing environment.
- Significant experience of developing management teams within a large scale logistics operation
- Confident Manager, skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team to achieve them
- Highly tolerant of change, being able to work with an evolving organisation
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment
- Commercially focused, quality orientated and customer service driven
- Be available to start immediately
The successful Interim General Manager will be offered between £400 and £600 per day dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.