Assistant Sourcing Manager (Mat. cover)
Temporary, contract, procurement, sourcing, category management, FMCG, soft FM, indirect, purchasing
Your new company
This company are a market leader in the retail sector and have a large procurement team consisting of several categories. The organisation have a product range of 40,000 across nearly 300 stores. Their procurement staff are an integral part of the business and have to adopt the most innovative sourcing methods to obtain quality and sustainability across their goods.
Your new role
- Works alongside the Product Sourcing Manager to ensure all product sourcing projects are managed within agreed scopes with key Quality, Time & Cost measures clearly agreed.
- Understand the manufacturing process, cost structure and timelines for all of current sourcing projects being delivered
- Plans the negotiations of commercial terms to improve price competitiveness, deliver margin gains, improve payment terms, and reduce stocks at destination
What you'll need to succeed
- Good general product knowledge across the relevant product category
- Basic core negotiations skills
- Passion for products with the desire to innovate / design and articulate purchase strategy
- Technical knowledge and analysis to basic support negotiation arguments and strategy building
- Strong I.T. technical skill with relevant commercial experience
- CIPS desirable
What you'll get in return
Competitive package, opportunity for development, free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Assistant Sourcing Manager (Mat. cover)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly