Head of Transport Strategy
Our leading FMCG client is currently seeking a Head of Transport Strategy for their UK/Europe division.
Our client is a leading FMCG provider.
The role of Head of Transport Strategy will have a major impact on reducing the operational costs/ transport and improving the transport quality of our clients FMCG products. You will be the source of knowledge, guidance and strategic leadership for Transport inside the business with the objective to build a world class Transport function, providing the highest level of guidance, support and knowledge. Reporting into the Operations Director, some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Create and implement a best practice Transport and Supply Chain Network vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance and drive out cost.
- As part of an Operational Leadership team, leverage new technologies and IT systems to integrate, streamline and improve processes.
- To provide leadership and direction to the operational management team throughout Europe.
- Ensure best transport related operational practices are shared across the group operations.
- Identify and initiate transport cost improvement projects (e.g. route optimisation, network review, negotiations with logistic service provider).
- Support global rollout and local TMS implementations.
- Support Procurement department in transport providers RFP.
- Support Contract Manufacturing in customer tenders.
- Create and implement a best practice Transport and Supply Chain Network vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures towards European global solutions for Manufacturers.
The successful Head of Transport Strategy will be London/Southern Home Counties based and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant experience in a similar senior transport related role with European transport experience.
- A consultant consultancy background would be advantageous.
- The ability to negotiate complex commercial agreements with strategic suppliers/contractors.
- Good communication skills and an ability to engage senior stakeholders.
- A very good understanding of Transport and Warehouse operations combined with an innovative approach.
- Strong Analytical Skills and IT skills.
- Master's degree preferred.
- A willingness for frequent European travel.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package will be on offer to the successful candidate.