Interim Commercial Manager
We have a Public Sector client based in Central London looking for an Interim Commercial Manager on a contract that will run for 10 months with a possible extension. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £350 on offer.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Lead and/or support procurement activity relating to OLASS/Education and ensure that products deliver measurable value for customers, supported by Supplier Management Information and Terms and Conditions. Seeing through a high value complex procurement. Working as part of a Commercial Team and Project Policy team.
- Deliver contract strategies in alignment with wider category/portfolio plans.
- Support senior officials in negotiations with suppliers to vary or change contracts, obtaining and managing input from operational colleagues and others as directed (e.g. Legal).
- Support senior officials in the resolution of disputes, obtaining and managing input from operational colleagues and others as directed (e.g. Legal).
- Promote best practice contract management.
- Be proactive in seeking out commercial opportunities, bringing these to the appropriate forum for consideration, and ensuring that the team do the same.
- Comply with all Departmental controls relating to commercial practice and otherwise, including strict adherence to delegated authorities, and ensure that staff do the same.
- Support the operational contract managers to deliver and maintain their contract plans.
- Engage with stakeholders to develop procurement strategy and capture requirements.
- Commercial awareness: development of robust pricing mechanisms, KPIs and price reduction mechanisms.
- Procuring and/or managing high value, complex and important contracts in a complex environment;
- Working with complex contractual, financial and legal constructs
- Managing relationships with stakeholders.
- Project management;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Presentation and drafting skills.
The post holder MUST HAVE at least one of the following:
- Membership of the International Association for Commercial and Contract Management (IACCM)
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS)
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- A relevant degree such as law or finance (at least 2:1)
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Buying Public Sector Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Contracts Public Sector Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Logistics Public Sector Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Operations Public Sector Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999