The Procurement Manager will develop existing procurement policies and will be the point of contact for procurement guidance within the organisation.
A forward thinking public organisation.
- To manage the Procurement function including best practice, continuous review and revision of policies and processes to maximise value for money
- To co-ordinate effective and efficient procurement practices; review and develop the Procurement Strategy covering each of the key business areas
- To provide leadership on key projects, including e-procurement implementation
- To lead on supply chain management for corporate purchasing, including the development of contracts and agreements for goods and services.
- To provide advice and guidance to staff on Procurement Policy, including the EU Procurement Directives
- Develop and deliver Procurement training for all relevant users across the organisation.
The successful candidates will possess:
- Experience leading procurement categories in implementation of sourcing strategies across a variety of spend areas
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, construct and manage diverse and complex procurement contracts
- A proven track record of the whole life cycle procurement, contract & relationship management.
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills.
- You will be ideally MCIPS qualified and educated to degree level.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary of up to £38,000 plus an excellent benefits package.