Senior IT Procurement Manager - £85k
Our client, a high profile, Global, FTSE100, organisation with a track-record of embracing innovation and technology, seeks to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager to lead the IT Category portfolio. The jobholder will operate as a Procurement Business Partner taking ownership for the management of the relationship with the CIO whilst delivering end to end sourcing projects across the breadth of the IT Category.
The jobholder will lead the development of IT sourcing strategy and supplier management across all IT categories encompassing Software, Hardware, Applications, Networks, Professional Services and Outsourcing category areas. In turn, the jobholder will manage all associated commercial activity to drive value creation and minimise total cost of ownership. In turn, the jobholder will be responsible for the full sourcing life cycle from initial strategy, tendering, and contract award through to transition, contract management and termination.
- Responsible for translating innovation and ideas into comprehensive proposals, formulating presentations and reports to influence senior stakeholders
- Lead the strategic sourcing process, providing direction and oversight to leverage the size and scale of the Group's purchasing power through robust contract negotiations, supplier selection and management of the commercial aspects of the 3rd party supplier relationships
- Work collaboratively with the Supplier Management teams to develop and implement the appropriate supplier governance structure ensuring effective contract handover and ongoing development of the supplier strategy
The ideal candidate will present extensive IT Procurement Category knowledge:
- Experience of managing and developing IT Sourcing strategies for Software, Hardware, Applications, Networks etc
- "Blue-Chip" background, with experience of working in a global procurement function
- Excellent track record of challenging and influencing IT stakeholders
- Experience of developing IT Category Strategy
- Expert negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Ideally Degree and MCIPS qualified