Senior Buyer | Forward-Thinking SME | North Hampshire
An exciting Procurement Transformation within a Specialist Technology & Manufacturing SME has created an opportunity for a Senior Buyer in Hampshire.
Reporting directly to the Senior Sourcing Manager, this role will be leading on Operational Procurement of all materials and services in line with new Organisational Strategy, while developing fruitful partnerships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- To lead and develop the Procurement Operations team to ensure timely delivery of goods and services to enable contractual obligations to be achieved.
- To support Bids and Tenders to ensure that the best possible cost advantage prior to bid submission.
- Effectively managing sub-contractors ensuring that supplies meet company output plan.
- Continuously seeking measurable improvement opportunities which will contribute towards achieving high standards of operational excellence.
- Liaising with other departments, exchanging information and giving Procurement support to their functions.
- Maintain records of supplier performance, communicating with each supplier to improve performance and or implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- To recommend amendments to the approved supplier list.
- To resolve problems arising from unclear information on requisitions, specifications and drawings.
- To support requirement for introduction of new parts and customer enquiries.
- To ensure necessary support and control of engineering changes (ECR’s & Concessions) that directly affect purchased materials.
Skills & Experience:
- Graduate Calibre
- CIPS Qualified (Desirable)
- Previous Procurement experience in Manufacturing/Technology areas
- Experience of developing new supplier relationships
- Able to work to own initiative
- Credibility to engage with senior stakeholders
- Clear verbal and written communication
To be considered for this role please apply now, or call Tom on 01962 869838 for more information.