Interim IT Vendor Manager
An Interim IT Vendor Manager is sought to join a prestigious and high profile public sector organisation in central London. This role is IN scope for IR35. It is initially 6 months, with possible extension. Security clearance (SC level) is required. You will be responsible for ensuring the organisation has strong relationships with its key IT vendors (Infrastructure, Software & Licences and Services) and obtains maximum value from them. You will also work to ensure the supplier delivers what has been promised in the contract and is collaboratively driving value for both parties, resulting in lower costs, reduced risk, greater efficiency, better quality and access to innovation.
This will include:
- Working with procurement teams to identify opportunities to improve the sourcing process, liaising with the technical teams to specify requirements
- Monitoring the performance of the vendor against contractual agreements, intervening where required
- Inputting in the creation of the IT change portfolio to provide advice and guidance with a specific vendor management focus
You will be an experienced IT Vendor Manager with significant experience in dealing with vendors, markets in which they operate and outsourced arrangements. You will demonstrate:
- Strong contract management skills including design, negotiation, supplier performance and corrective action
- Knowledge of procurement practices including pricing strategies, terms and discounting
- Specific knowledge of the structure and challenges of IT contracts both for goods, licenses and services (e.g. software as a service)
- Awareness of public procurement procedures and knowledge of relevant government frameworks (CCS etc)
- Experience with software licensing, hardware procurement and offshore agreements in a purchasing or procurement capacity.
Please note that Security clearance is required for this role - so candidates who already have this will be strongly preferred.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.