Procurement Leader, IT Services | Major Financial Services Provider | London
In a time of change, with a brand-new team taking shape, this global player in the financial services market is looking for a new IT Procurement Leader to drive both IT Hardware, Software and Telecoms across the group. This is an exciting time for one of the UK’s most prominent companies as they look to embed this new Procurement leadership team. The Procurement Agenda for 2017/18 couldn’t be more exciting with new Procurement initiatives being rolled out, a more agile workforce plan and Procurement being mandated across the business.
End to end category management is at the heart of this companies philosophy as they continue to raise the profile of Procurement. This role will report straight to the Head of IT for Group and manage over £100 million pounds’ worth of spend, at the head of a team of 4 Procurement Professionals. You will be working in a truly dynamic and impressive office with the opportunity for flexible working.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and delivering category sourcing plans for the business across IT and Technology with a spend of over £100 million
- Be accountable for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Being the subject matter expert for IT Procurement and regularly review business wide strategies as part of the wider Procurement Exec Team
- Managing a team of 4 Procurement Professionals and their career plans
- Have a broad range of IT Category knowledge, particularly in Software, Hardware and Telecoms
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models for the Telecoms area
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Previous People Management experience is key
Procurement is at the forefront of this new-age thinking organisation and there is a lot of untapped spend for you and your team to get your hands on. So if you have IT Procurement experience and are looking for a new role where you can add true value to the organisation - we can’t wait to hear from you!