Director of Procurement
A unique and challenging opportunity for a well-established Procurement Leader to join a high profile UK University in a new role to unify and lead the strategic purchasing function across indirect spend.
This is a brand new opportunity created to bring together indirect spend within one strategic team, driving forward the function whilst delivering on current and future needs of the University. You will manage a medium sized team of purchasing professionals who are motivated to embrace change and continue to develop procurement best practice. The Director of Procurement role will ensure the organisation’s procurement activity leverages value for money, whilst building mutually agreeable, long term relationships with the supply base.
The role requires a strong relationship manager who can build rapport quickly with internal and external stakeholders, to drive forward the commercial agenda and promote Procurement as a value adding function.
- Ensure procurement has a strategic direction which observes ethical and European regulatory requirements. Leading the roll-out of strategy, including communication, tracking and compliance.
- Utilise and embed an appropriate risk based assessment methodology, ensuring that all procurement managers are aware and fully comply with procurement procedures.
- Lead and develop systems for efficient buyer self-service
- Lead, organise and develop the procurement services team
The successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrative background in strategic procurement leadership within an OJEU regulated environment and across predominantly Indirect spend areas.
- Significant experience in designing, implementing and delivering procurement strategy and organisational structure.
- Ability to engender commercial procurement principles and integrate best practice in public procurement processes.
- Gravitas in managing internal stakeholder and ‘buying community’ relationships.
- Previous people management experience in a multi-faceted organisation.
- Professional procurement qualifications and post-secondary education.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Director of Procurement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly