FTC Procurement Officer
To work as part of a professional team within a nominated category to deliver best value for money in the procurement of the goods and services. Providing procurement support to category managers and procurement managers.
Based in West Yorkshire out client works with a number of NHS trusts to ensure value for money within procurement.
- Support Managers in execution of category management and ongoing procurement activity
- Undertake and oversee the procurement process, including drafting of specifications, preparation and issue of tender documents, evaluation of proposals, contract award and administration.
- Ensure that procurements fit within the contractual arrangements in relation to the nominated category and deliver contracts in accordance with a detailed contracts programme and ensure that the timetable is adhered to.
- Undertake supplier and supply market analysis and reporting as requested
- Undertake spend analysis and reporting, e.g. reporting on and off-contract spend
- Support to negotiation preparation through the provision of data/intelligence to category managers
- Undertake price and process bench marking and reporting
- Implementation of recommendations arising from Quick Win projects to deliver best value for money and cost savings.
- Deal with supplier performance issues (cost, quality, delivery etc) as they arise referring upwards to the Category Manager where appropriate. Monitor and report on supplier performance and report into category performance indicators and provide statistical returns as required.
- Ensure the use of standard formal documentation and procedures in relation to the procurement's undertaken for the nominated category.
CIPS or working towards
NHS experience desirable
Public Sector experience
Worked with suppliers internally & externally
£25 - 32k