To lead procurement activities against a predetermined range of goods and services contributing to the overall objectives of the department by adding value and enhancing customer service.
My client is a leading nuclear organisation based in the North West that are looking for a Senior Buyer to support the contract services arm of the team.
- Assist in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice.
- Identify and deliver value adding opportunities from the supply chain.
- Develop and / or select appropriate contract terms & conditions for a controlled supply set in accordance with authorisation policies.
- Lead negotiations / tender exercises for a predetermined range of goods and services.
- Place contracts / Purchase Orders for assigned supply set, adopting appropriate effective contract management techniques.
- Release higher value Purchase Orders against Outline / Group Agreements.
- Use Agresso system to create / amend Purchase Orders.
- Assist in the collation and presentation of procurement based reports.
- Assist individuals with issues and problems on a local site by site basis.
- Line management responsibilities.
- Provide guidance / support to members of the Procurement team and broader community.
- Provide assistance and support to the Procurement Managers within the business as and when required.
- Support Procurement Managers with respect to high value tenders ensuring compliance with EU procurement directives.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or working towards a Professional membership.
- Degree qualified.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in a procurement environment.
- Ability to understand technical requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - confidence, drive, challenge, influencing skills, communications.
- Flexibility on some travel to site and between locations occasionally
- Public Contract Regulations (PCR) experience.
- Understanding and experience of OJEU regulations
My client is looking to offer a very competitive hourly rate with this 12 month contract