Category Lead - IT & Equipment - £65000
IT Procurement Category Lead - Growth Initiative across the Organisation - Global Market Leading Company - £65000 + Flexible working
A global reaching organisation, focused on client progression and efficiency, is reaching out into the UK market for an IT Procurement Category Lead. The role comes with a given corporate autonomy during a team of growth and management change for the organisation, with focus on the integration of services and people, within a driven work environment.
Responsibilities of the IT Procurement Category Lead:-
- Establishing objectives and evaluation of supplier performance, through coordination and implementation of business RFP response, goals and initiatives to develop the success of the organisations IT Procurement Category, deliver savings, to reflect changing business needs.
- Developing framework agreements and associated commercial and legal terms for contracts within the IT and Equipment categories, demonstrating the use of key market knowledge and movements to identify opportunities and risks within contract renewals.
- Managing supplier relationships through using expect communication skills to direct negotiations, whilst maintaining strong relationships throughout your contact network.
- Upskilling two direct Category Manager reports, communicating and progressing their procurement capabilities to ensure that they become fully fledged team players.
Expertise of the IT Procurement Category Lead:-
- Professional and in depth understanding of IT Procurement, across hardware equipment and software updates, working with multinational organisations, dealing with large spends, and managing suppliers to ensure Best in Class procurement is carried out through the function.
- A tangible record of generating impressive savings through developing and expanding relationships with existing suppliers to further concrete the partnership, as well as forming connections with new suppliers through drafting, managing, and re-negotiating contracts.
- CIPS and a 2:1 degree equivalent is desirable.
To find out more on this opportunity please email an updated CV to me at:
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at:
Key Skills: Procurement, Indirect Procurement, Technology, IT Supplier Relationship Manager, Procurement, Interim, Central London, Degree, MCIPS, Best in Class, Stakeholder Management, Contract Negotiation, Customer Relationship Management, Commercial Contact