Global Category Manager, Pharmaceuticals
Formed in 2015, Seqirus is the world’s second largest influenza vaccines company. A major partner in the prevention and control of influenza globally, we operate state-of-the-art production facilities in the US, UK and Australia. We have leading R&D capabilities, a broad portfolio of differentiated products and commercial operations in more than 20 countries.
As a result of internal development moves, we are now seeking to appoint a Global Category Manager based at our UK manufacturing facility in Liverpool, one of the biggest biotechnology sites in Europe and a worldwide Centre of Excellence for egg-based influenza vaccine manufacturing.
Global Category Manager
As Global Category Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing Strategic Sourcing Strategies for indirect and direct goods and/or services within your portfolio of global categories and spends across the entire Seqirus organisation worldwide.
· Category strategy development and execution
· Supplier relationship management – delivering our goal of being Customer of Choice
· Risk management – assessing risk and leading risk mitigation planning and execution to protect our business
· Ensuring compliance with Seqirus sourcing policies and standards – fulfilling our commitments to our patients and our regulators
· Stakeholder management – developing stakeholder maps and building strong relationships, representing your categories both internally and externally
· Graduate in Business, Law or a scientific/technical discipline with MCIPS strongly preferred
· Procurement and category management experience in a similar international context.
· Global Sourcing experience and able to demonstrate evidence of value creation
· Project and change management experience with strong leadership, communications and organisational skills
· Continuous improvement orientated and solutions-focused; creative and able to facilitate others