Procurement Category Buyer, Pharmaceuticals
Formed in 2015, Seqirus is the world’s second largest influenza vaccines company. A major partner in the prevention and control of influenza globally, we operate state-of-the-art production facilities in the US, UK and Australia. We have leading R&D capabilities, a broad portfolio of differentiated products and commercial operations in more than 20 countries.
As a result of internal development moves, we are now seeking to appoint a Procurement Category Buyer based at our UK manufacturing facility in Liverpool, one of the biggest biotechnology sites in Europe and a worldwide Centre of Excellence for egg-based influenza vaccine manufacturing.
Procurement Category Buyer
In this role you’ll be tasked with optimising cost-effectiveness within relevant quality parameters and ensuring continuity of supply across your assigned categories.
· Delivering savings and driving improvements in KPIs across the key procurement imperatives: cost, risk, quality, service, growth, innovation and governance
· As Lead Business Partner, working with internal customers to identify, develop and deliver site procurement performance improvement initiatives
· Ensuring compliance with procurement policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Raising supply alerts as appropriate – assuring continuity of supply and on-time delivery of goods and services from suppliers, using predictive forecasting tools where appropriate.
· Being the key point of contact for daily business operations at a site level and supporting corporate initiatives, including at other Seqirus locations
· Graduate in Business, Law or a scientific/technical discipline and working towards MCIPS
· Experience in a buying role; familiar with the fundamental concepts and the core tools and techniques of the buying process
· Comfortable with accountability as primary contact for buying issues and as business partner to colleagues in other functions
· Self-motivated, committed to your own self-development and ambitious to progress in a Procurement career