Procurement and Contracts Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious procurement professional to work for the newly established joint police and fire corporate services department based at the Police HQ at Winsford in Cheshire.
As a Procurement and Contracts Manager, you will:
- Lead on the contract and procurement process for high value, high risk contracts/procurements within a range of categories;
- Provide professional advice and support regarding the design and preparation of specifications for tenders and contracts, evaluation, drafting terms and conditions within the context of EU legislation;
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with customers and 3rd party providers;
- Manage the review of existing contracts and Service Level Agreements.
You will be qualified to level 6 in a procurement or business related subject.
Skills and knowledge
You will have a good understanding of Procurement and Contracts Management legislation and best practice in the public sector.
You will have significant experience of purchasing and procurement across a broad range of environments, preferably IT, estates and property, and professional services at middle management level which will include:
- The tendering process;
- Drafting, negotiating, and managing the procurement process;
- Monitoring, reviewing, and evaluation of contract compliance.
- £38,538 to £43,473
- Flexible working
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the apply now button below.