A brilliant 22 month fixed term contract you can really get your teeth into working on the largest rail project in the UK at present.
Our client, on this occasion, will be based in Birmingham. This project will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
The successful Procurement Officer will support the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables as defined within the our clients Construction Procurement Handbook. Alongside this other responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the management and administration of the procurement evaluation processes for the Railway Systems packages.
- Ensure our clients procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world.
- Provide support to colleagues within the team and in other areas in the use of eSourcing.
- Ensure procurement reporting and management information is provided accurately and on a timely basis to synch with our clients business reporting rhythm and cycles.
- Maintain systems data, ensuring appropriate storage, distribution and compliance.
The successful Procurement Officer will be skilled in compiling robust tender and commercial documents alongside having the ability to demonstrate developed analytical and commercial skills. Additionally they should obtain;
- Knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and/or of governance initiatives and policies.
- Exemplary Word, Excel, Power Point and database management skills.
- Qualified to degree (or similar) level in relevant subject.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.