A Transport Planner is required to join a busy Transport office within a large FMCG distribution company based in Salisbury. Required to be involved in all aspects of a busy Transport office - liaising with several internal teams, legal compliance, customer and driver interaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established FMCG ambient, chilled and frozen food distribution company.
The key responsibilities of the Transport Planner include:
- Planning and routing of trucks
- Ensuring all appropriate documentation is in place - compliance and financial paperwork
- Scheduling of movements for customers
- Communicating with drivers and customers
- Liaising with internal teams
- Internal admin and office support
- Pro-actively resolve delays and concerns - communicating with customers throughout
The successful Transport Planner will hold the following skills and experience:
- Experience with a Transport Planning role
- Experience within a busy Transport office
- Good geographical knowledge
- Happy communicating with drivers and customers
- Experience within a busy transport office
- IT literate
- Good communicator across all levels - internally and externally
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of between £23,000 and £28,000.