A Distribution Manager is required for a growing division of our logistics client.
Our client is a leading logistics business.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Distribution Manager will be accountable for planning, prioritising and managing all inbound and outbound freight distribution operations, establishing business controls focused on quality management processes, and cost control methodologies; providing leadership and developmental training for staff to achieve company goals and profit levels; continued business growth; and long term relationships with customers; and ensuring compliance with company policies. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide overall direction in the planning, prioritisation and management of freight distribution operations to ensure timely delivery and quality service.
- Develop fully staffed and trained team that provides effective organisational capabilities and depth.
- Effectively deploy support resources to pursue continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support new business growth and development.
- Follow up with the team to ensure problems and issues are addressed and resolved.
- Ensures compliance with company policies
- Utilise superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within the department.
The Distribution Manager will need to live within a commuting distance of our clients operation in West Kent and be able to demonstrate the following:
- A track record in managing a successful transport operation.
- An in-depth knowledge of the pallet network would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a transport department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses).
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing high performance teams.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Ability to allocate decision making authority and/or task responsibilities to others to maximise the Company's and individual's effectiveness.
- Ability to plan, organise and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Basic understanding and experience in project management methodologies.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develops individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating the efforts of others.
A competitive salary and package is on offer to the successful candidate.