An exceptional Category Manager opportunity with a leading Blue Chip Utilities company. This is a new role in a growth business, offering excellent opportunities for development; you will be supporting and driving project and procurement aspects of major energy projects.
This is a new role in a growing business; they are now looking for a category manager for large energy projects which range from €7-200m Capex. You will need to have solid experience of large complex capex projects; you will be responsible for CAPEX expenditure such as power plant components, gas /steam turbines, civil works; and services such as engineering services, staff (commission engineers) and all services necessary to erect power plants.
It is likely that you really enjoy the ‘operational side’ of Procurement/project Management, as you will truly have to ‘take ownership’ and drive the project forward. Will need solid negotiation skills derived in a global environment; as you will be negotiating globally with large energy companies. You will have experience of drafting and negotiating complex commercial terms and conditions and liaising with legal teams of suppliers.
The role would suit someone with an entrepreneurial and business focused approach as you will be working closely with Commercial Managers, Technical Project Managers and Lawyers for suppliers legal teams.
This role will require a hands-on and proactive approach. You will be the link to the central procurement team located in Germany; and you will need to be able to communicate effectively with Suppliers in place. Currently projects taking place are in Belgium, NL and Germany, so the role will require some travel (estimated 15-20% max). There are no staff reports in this role at the current time.
Category Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure supplies of CHP (Combined Heat & Power) investment projects within budget and on time
- Execute group-wide procurement activities related to CHP components and installation services for turnkey-projects (EPC) including tender, evaluation, negotiation, awarding and contract management
- Collaboration with key supply chain and technical stakeholders and support
- the sales team increasing the Company’s selling turnover and margin
- Develop expertise on the CHP market, to optimise costs for products and services offered to our customers together with sales and technical experts
- Work closely together with the technical experts within a cross-functional category team and be jointly responsible for the target achievement
- Ensure that cost-effective procurement (focus on Total Cost of Ownership /
- TCO) and process compliance is achieved, which includes claims management on supply side during project execution phase
- Contribute to group-wide development of appropriate global category strategy together with business stakeholders from all regions
- Support the Procurement process on a cost effective basis and develop the supply chain function in line with best practice methods
- Build and maintain effective supplier relationships to ensure that their performance consistently meets and at times exceeds business expectations
Category Manager Qualifications:
- Commercial and/or technical degree or an equivalent combination of skills with professional experiences of at least 3 years in relevant area of supply chain management
- Work experience in technical procurement of huge CAPEX projects including O&M
- Detailed experience in strategic purchasing, preferably within energy or
- construction area, i.e. Balance of Plant
- Experience in the execution of turnkey-projects within single and multi-lot EPC contracts and FIDIC standard
- Market and product expertise in gas and steam turbines, boilers and other CHP components
- High performance and result orientation and willingness to implement
- Strong drive and passion to set and push through commercial standards based on excellent conceptual skills and personal determination
- Strong commercial acumen
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent English and German required
- Willingness to travel
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Production & Operations Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Contracts Production & Operations Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Operations Production & Operations Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Procurement Production & Operations Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Supply chain Production & Operations Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999