Senior Buyer required for Manufacturer based near Barry
To procure a range of commodities in accordance with the Purchasing and business procedures with a strong focus on commercial acumen and account management skills to deliver departmental objectives specific to quality, cost and delivery. Provide support for Purchasing Manager, deputising in their absence and covering all aspects of Purchasing and Man-Management skills and duties.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Supervise and support Buyers in their day to day activity and delivery of objectives.
- Take lead role and ownership for key strategic/critical suppliers in the team
- Provide support to other team members and new starters in relation to systems, processes and procedures.
- Represent the section at cross functional meetings.
- Drive and manage TVM meetings and new model program activities.
- Procurement and negotiation responsibility for individual objectives.
- Working with a cross functional team to establish and set programme financial targets.
- Deputise for the team Purchasing Manager, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team.
- Coordinate and manage supplier performance with Quality and MP&L functions ensuring performance targets are met.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally the successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, and or a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards it.
- Extensive Purchasing experience ideally within a manufacturing environment is required; however, of greater importance is the individual's aptitude and commitment to rapidly assimilate the needs of the role and to be quickly performing in the role, to a high standard.
- The individual should hold a full driving licence, passport and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require it.
- A competent understanding of the Microsoft suite of office tools would be advantageous.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.