Page Personnel Logistics are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor for our client based in Harlow.
Our client are a well known 3PL who manage a well known retail client nationally. The role will be based in a new distribution center in Harlow.
In this role you will be responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the warehouse operation overseeing a team of 70-80 colleagues. Your effective management skills and ability to prioritise will be key to succeed in this role.
Other responsibilities include:
- Motivate and manage the team to achieve, and where possible exceed, all performance objectives.
- Effective management of resources to achieve KPIs (cost, quality, service, and absence).
- Ensure a proactive approach to Health & Safety via risk assessment and by ensuring that warehouse team members comply with Health and Safety policies and requirements.
- Conduct regular individual reviews and where necessary agree a performance improvement plan.
- Time & Attendance management.
- Process control of order, loading/tipping of vehicles and the returns operation.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Previous successful experience of managing a team is essential
- Customer focused and able to build effective relationships with team, client and other third parties.
- Experience of health and safety regulations in a warehouse environment is essential.
- Experience in a warehouse environment, including detailed understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic, committed and able to respond positively to changing demands.
This role is available on a full time permanent basis and will be working 5 day of 7 on an alternating 06:00 - 1400 and 14:00 - 22:00 pattern. You will receive a competitive salary along with excellent opportunities for progression.