SME EXPERIENCE DESIRED.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be tasked with a wide range of duties and responsibilities that will include (but not limited to):
- Day to day management of the purchasing function for the factory that works to a production schedule of small to medium batch manufacturing, to ensure production schedules are met while managing costs and purchasing targets
- Investigating and delivering cost savings while maintaining quality and availability of raw materials and sub contracted purchases to support the on time manufacturing of the product range offered
- Visiting suppliers and developing strong working relationship with them to ensure the company receives a good service level and is aware of the services and products they are able to offer the business
- Oversee and support the Production Administrators to ensure the production schedule is effectively managed and published to the relevant teams in a timely fashion
- Support the company's development and growth plans, provide relevant input, ideas and challenge existing working practises to achieve targets and deliver improvements in efficiency, cost savings and product quality
- Provide regular reporting and forecasting information to the Managing Director and the accounts team to assist with forecasting and budget planning
To be considered for this varied and challenging Production Planner and Buyer / Manufacturing Resource Planner role within our fast paced customer focused environment, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will realistically be degree qualified and demonstrate a number of years of experience gained within a technical purchasing environment or equivalent and will be a confident communicator and influencer of suppliers at all levels. You will demonstrate proven experience of running an MRP system to produce purchase orders with suppliers, along with skills and experience gained in the use of ERP / MRP type systems in a previous Production Planner type position.
With a meticulous approach to detail and good all round problem solving abilities within an often pressurised environment, and with there being the occasional need to visit suppliers as required, a current full driving licence is also required for the position. In return the company will offer the successful candidate a structured induction and training programme to fully understand the business to enable them to take ownership of this key function within the business, a competitive salary with bonus structure and option of a company vehicle is also available to the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.