Due to a site relocation I am recruiting a new and exciting role as Buyer within a well-known construction business in the Sheffield area. Below are the two main purposes of the role.
- Provide a professional, efficient and effective material scheduling / purchasing function for the group
- Support the implementation and on-going management of group sourcing arrangements.
The client I am representing are a leading provider in professional services, a business who believe in innovation, they have gained recognition on a National scale. Following a recent relocation I am now recruiting a Buyer to join their site in Sheffield.
As the Buyer you will have responsibility over Procurement Support Assistants and as a team will provide support to senior management, playing a vital role within the businesses overall strategy. You will be expected to develop relationships between suppliers, and negotiate contracts to improve cost efficiencies.
The successful Buyer ideally have some of the following key skills and qualities.
- Construction related qualification (ONC / HNC). Have or working towards professional procurement qualification
- Previous purchasing experience within a similar industry i.e. construction, civil engineering
- Able to supervise and manage others
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Strong industry and sector knowledge
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong relations internally and externally
- Problem solver
- CIPS qualified or studying towards
Salary negotiable on experience