A growing manufacturing company is looking for a Warehouse/Inventory Supervisor to join their facility in Gloucester.
Our client is a growing manufacturing company within the Gloucester area. As a direct result of their continued growth and success they are looking for a Warehouse/Inventory Supervisor to join their professional outfit.
- Management and organisation of a team within the warehouse, ensuring KPI's are met therein;
- Ensuring that Health and Safety standards are maintained across the site, and that all activities are carried out in a safe manner, liaising with the Quality Manager with any issues that arise;
- Ensure all mechanical handling equipment is properly maintained and used correctly by suitably trained employees;
- Responsible for the layout of the Company's stock holdings, to provide clear visibility and effective control, ensuring movements are correctly recorded, to deliver accurate stock records covering all inventory categories.
- Establish and maintain a high level of stock accuracy by implementing an effective physical stock location and movement system for the site that covers all inventory movements;
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the receipt and issuing of all inventory on site;
- Responsible for monitoring storage capacity requirements and ensuring strict disciplines are in place;
- Monitor inventory service levels;
- Ensure all movements are recorded accurately and on a timely basis using the Company IT system;
- Manage the stock take process, on both a full and perpetual basis;
- Liaison with customers, suppliers and transport companies;
- Any other duties assigned in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous stock management/clerical experience and also management within a warehouse setting;
- Proven track record within setting up and implementing an ERP/MRP system;
- Knowledge of lean and/or continuous improvement;
- Previous planning and systems experience within a warehouse setting;
- Excellent analytical and numerical credentials;
- Previous use of manipulating WMS;
- Proven organisational and time-management skills;
- Fantastic communication skills - verbal and written;
- Computer literate
- Close proximity to area;
- Knowledge of health and safety criteria
- £25,000 - £29,000.
- Monday to Friday
- Monday to Thursday (07:30 - 16:00)
- Friday (06:00 - 14:00)