Head of Procurement
The Head of Procurement is responsible for the commercial performance, timely delivery, quality and materials management function in the business, developing and deploying the strategic supply chain and procurement activities for our manufacturing and warehouse operations.
The client is a specialist in manufacturing and production within the construction sector. They have shown excellent growth in recent years, winning large contracts and becoming a true market-leader.
The Head Of Procurement has responsibilities to:
- Manage, coach and support procurement team.
- Develop and implement processes, systems, standards and disciplines for procurement and warehousing aligned to manufacturing build processes.
- Deliver procurement strategy for manufacturing performance, across the East Nottinghamshire site, in line with business objectives.
- Manage capacity and forecast in-line with manufacturing and delivery programmes.
- Working with the purchasing and warehouse teams to develop and manage the supply base in order to achieve a seamless supply chain.
- Support individuals to allow growth within their roles and encourage advancement either within the department or other areas of the business.
- Responsible for the development / implementation of the supply chain and warehousing processes.
The successful Head of Procurement candidate will have/be:
- Proven experience in a senior procurement manager position in a manufacturing and production sector. Building products knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience and ability to plan resource, lead, motivate and develop teams with strong management skills/
- Strong negotiator/influencer able to drive down cost, maintain quality and service levels from suppliers.
- Expertise in category management, strategic sourcing, implementation of SLA's, consignment stock, Kan-Ban, engagement and management of all supplier levels, and KPI reporting.
- Commercially minded with knowledge of procurement agreements, warranties and frameworks.
- Ability to work to a budget and provide management reports on department spend / savings.
- Comprehensive experience of developing and implementing ERP / MRP systems and executing improvements and change to procurement process and procedures.
- Excellent communications and relationship management skills, operating at all levels of the business
- You will ideally be degree educated and MCIPS qualified with a minimum of 10 years' experience within a procurement function.
- You will have a track record of delivering lean principals and innovation.
- Strategic negotiator with the capability to deliver significant cost reductions throughout the supply chain.
- Strong leadership skills
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Strategic sourcing and supply chain management
- Strong planning and forecasting.
- Production and material planning.
- Warehouse management and Kanban systems/processes.
- Must be willing to work/commute in East Nottinghamshire
The Head of Procurement will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Company Car
- Medical Scheme