IT Purchasing Manager
IT Purchasing Manager
Your new company
I'm working with a global company with an excellent reputation in the market. Being one of the most successful businesses within their industry they continue to go from strength to strength. This role being an example of that as a new vacancy within the department.
Your new role
The role is responsible for establishing and implementing effective procurement strategies (in selected sub-categories) in respect of multi-million pound, high risk spend areas and monitoring the resulting effectiveness to enable continuous improvement.
You will also lead the supporting communications and consultation activities across the selected sub-categories. You will ensure the implemented procurement strategies, optimise value for money, support the efficient and cost effective purchase of goods and services.
You will be responsible for developing effective working relationships with senior stakeholders to ensure that the strategies developed align to the needs of departments.
You will lead complex tendering activity across the business delivering best value for money and mitigating identified risk.
What you'll need to succeed
IN order to succeed you will be expected to :
- Experience of managing high value/high risk (>£500k) procurement projects, managing cross-functional stakeholder input.
- Proven record of developing strategic plans for categories of spend and evidence of successfully executing those plans to deliver savings and efficiencies.
- Experience of leading continuous improvement initiatives with category specific suppliers and internal customers.
- Experience of negotiating complex commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers.
- Good analytical skills (to support the development of evidenced category strategies).
- Strong oral, written, and electronic communication skills and experience of using these skills to deliver presentations and briefing papers.
- Ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally to bring complex matters to conclusion.
- Degree education with a relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CIPS), or studying towards such a qualification, or equivalent professional experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.