1st Executive is recruiting on behalf of a prestigious educational institution, who deliver world-class research and teaching activities. Our client seeks to recruit an IT Procurement Manager - this is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation investing heavily in the continued growth of their Procurement capability.
The jobholder will be responsible for the development and management of the IT Category - operating in a Procurement Business Partner capacity, building key relationships with stakeholders across the breadth of the IT function (up to and including CIO level). You will drive the development and implementation of IT category strategy, delivering end to end sourcing projects in line with University guidelines. Your goal is to ensure that spend potential is maximised and achieves the best value for money.
* Negotiate and bring in contractual agreements with category suppliers across the breadth of the IT Category portfolio
* Design and Implement Procurement strategies for the IT & Technology category
* Indentify and drive potential savings activities across the breadth of the IT category
* Broad IT Category expertise, encompassing Software, Hardware, Telecoms and Services
* Experience of delivering end to end tender exercises in line with OJEU
* Excellent experience in stakeholder management; evidence of engaging at CIO level
* Proven experience in negotiating contract clauses with limited Legal support
* Ideally Degree and CIPS qualified